Friday, May 14, 2010

Welcome.......

I want to write a book. That's a great first step wouldn't you say. Knowing what you want to accomplish seems to help get things going. However, is that just a little to simple of a statement? Does it really get across what I want to accomplish? If I can't even write a statement that tells you what I want to do how will I ever find success. Let's see if we can't fix that shall we.

I want to write and publish a successful book. Hey now I like the sound of that much better. It shows that I am not willing to just sit down and put a bunch of words together and call it good. Yet it also doesn't sound asinine or imply that I am looking to be rich and famous. Let's face it very few authors have the luck to make it big and become super big time millionaires as writers. Writing is about the passion for words and stories, for creating a playground for the mind. It could still use some work, what do you think? Nah, oh I don't know.


So in case you haven't figured it out yet, I am Lainey Jo Byrne. And yes I am an aspiring author who is taking the beginning steps to writing her first novel. So why the hell am I also writing a blog about it? Well I have a tendency to not complete projects and I thought maybe this way I could keep myself on track. I figure I need to work on the whole accountability thing. And well I may have a bit of an issue with motivation too. You could count the number of projects I have completed on.....OK let's face it I can't say that I have successfully completed any project. I have tried to say I successfully birthed two children but people are so quick to point out that I sort of didn't have a choice in those, so they supposedly don't count.

Anyway, this blog will be me letting any readers I do get on my journey of writing that first book. Plus with my ADHD loveliness God only knows what other topics I'll decide to discuss with you LOL! I am a very emotional person, some may say I am even fueled or driven by those emotions and I tend to be a bit scattered. I am nothing if not passionate in all I do.
So dear readers I want to say hello and welcome to my blog. A place that will probably give you glimpses of my brain (could get scary......@my brother if he ever does read this: YES I DO HAVE A BRAIN! and I have an MRI to prove snoot. Sorry I get off track a lot) and maybe some glimpses of my soul (man I hope I have one of those.....depends on who you ask these days!). Most of all I hope you find something of interest, something funny, or that you just find that you have to keep reading because it's like a train wreck...you desperately want to look a way but somewhere inside you a morbid curiosity grips you and freezes your eyes on the unfolding horror. I'll take you no matter what brings you.........

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I can't wait to hear more about this book.

    I used to write a lot of little silly short stories but over the last 4 years (Since my Aidan was born) I haven't had much time to really work on stories or poems the way I used to so I often get started and then have to walk away and then come back and have completely lost my train of thought to continue going and by the time I get it back I am needed for something else... ahhh the circle of motherhood. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete